May 27, 2009

Our Last Wednesday

How do you prepare to say goodbye? I've been struggling with that idea ever since we turned in our resignation at Dakota Ridge Assembly. It's a little strange especially because we will still be here in the state, same home we've lived in for the past year-and-a-half, I'm in the same job and we aren't leaving the country for another 6 or 7 months at least. I mean, I don't want to say goodbye because I don't want to cut off all kinds of communication with our teenagers. I want to stay connected with them. But I know we won't be seeing them every week like we are used to. In fact, I don't even know how often we will see them before we leave. That makes me very sad. I also know that our role as Student Pastors is coming to a conclusion and we do need to step aside so another SP can take that role. This saying goodbye thing has never been easy for me and I think I am kind of digging my heals in...even though I know it's our time to leave.
To our students (if any of you ever read this):
I will miss you terribly. I can't help but tear up when I type this. You have been a huge part of our lives these past four years. I know it has been our role to hopefully impact your lives to follow Christ into eternity, but you all have impacted my life beyond what you can know. I hope that we can stay in touch in some form or another (thank goodness for social networking sites). It is my desire to reconnect in a few years and see that you are still following Christ and have made your own decisions to believe in Him and His promises. I hope that you know how much I love you! And I can still be called or texted if you have things weighing on your heart.
Follow your dreams and your passions! God has created you with specific skills and talents and rejoices when you use those to His glory! He's like a proud dad.
I love you guys and will miss you terribly!
Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment